From:
Fysha Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 06:58:25 -0800
I am not sure if you all know me I am Fysha Owens I am new to the ferret
world 2 1/2 months now.

In my short time here I have seen so very many people in need of help to
care for their pets.  I myself was in the same need when I found my new
baby ferret needed surgery on her legs {Birth Defect} and I had 3 other
ill ones plus other thing to be done for them.  I was lucky I could
return back to work from my job I had just retired from so I was able
to pay my vet off.  Alot of you are not so lucky and need help with the
bills.

I am a Fund-Raising Counselor most of my work is for Children
Organizations.  I have got together with a friend of mine who is a writer
and we would like to put together a book about ferrets and why they have
found themselfs in need of a new home.  All profits from the book will go
into a fund to help ferrets in need.

What we would like to know is if anyone that has ever rescued a ferret
would take the time to send me their story of why the old owner gave them
up.  We would like both the sweet cute and the sad stories of why the
ferret found him/herself homeless.

If we use your story we will contact you for your permission and you will
recieve a free autograph copy of the book as a thank you for helping us
help ferrets in need.

Please send stories to [log in to unmask]

Also would you please cross-posted this to other groups or friends that
may have a story to tell us.