From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:45:42 -0500
Here i go again.
I still have not found Odin , and still wear the button pin, with his
picture in it at work, people do take notice, which is my intentions.
When they comment, i tell, them why i wear it, but this is not the
reason, that i am posting, today , i just read in the local paper,
Kenosha News, that now there are 2 known ferrets missing in Kenosha ,
Odin, and another (name unknown) , if any of you readers out there live
in this area, i am going to put this information out to you, so that
maybe you can be aware of this missing little one and help him/her find
their way home, and maybe my Odin too?

This is what was in the paper Sa & Su that i know if, i did not see it
listed in today's lost and found, but...if you would just keep this
little one in thought and prayers, since the ferret "owner" was concerned
enough to at least place a paid for ad.

LOST-ferret in the vicinity of 20th Ave. and 62nd St.
         Ph. 262-652-xxxx
[Moderator's note: I deleted the phone number since there is no
permission to post it.  Please contact me or Donna if you need
the number.  BIG]

I haven't contacted them, personally, so have no other information to
share with you, at the present time.  I w/give them a call this evening,
to talk to them, as i do have to work today, and hopefully will get good
news, and let you all know one way or the other.

as for my Odin, i have yet to find my pizza lovin boy.  There are many
of you who believe that someone has him, however, and i truly hope that
if this is so, that he is loved, and cared for and truly spoiled in the
manner of one who just LOOVES, Luigi's pizzas.  Odin is one of my blaze
babies, very laid back, and wonderful, and terribly missed here at home,
Sidewinder is trying his best to fill in for Odin till he comes home, as
Sidewinder also comes out by mommy, and rolls over on his back, to mimic
the much remembered posture of Odins, laying there with all 4 paws in the
air, and just lookin at you.

My thoughts on Odin, if he is loved and cared for, then so be it, if i
could only know that he is still alive, then my heart wouldn't ache so
much.  If i knew where he was, i would let him be, if the above were the
circumstances, with the condition if ever they no longer could/wanted to
care for him, that he would be returned to me, and if ever he became ill,
ie; adrenal or otherwise, that i could be told, as i would provide the
necessary vet care, for him, if they couldn't.  I love him that much.  I
hold in my heart, at nearly 52 years of age, that maybe someday he will
come home to me, and we will both grow old together, he being my last
ferret that i am able to care for, and that we both pass over to the
Rainbow Bridge together?

I have 2 little ladies who need surgery, adrenal (probable) Marshmallow
and Princess.  Bubba had surgery, for adrenal, and it was discovered his
spleen was very enlarged (removed) also.  He is doing wonderful.  I did
get 2 more ferrets through my daughters work, Mancini (who looks like
Bubba would have as a young kit) and Frankie, now i have 2 Frankies :-)
both different colors though.

What i have done to protect my ferrets from open/closing doors is i found
a Marshall Farms pet corral, and placed it around the door, eye hooks in
cupboard and wall make it firm, and left enough room around the door to
conveniently open and close it and allow at least 2 people inside, and
get the door closed, before either stepping over the corral, or opening
it.  Keeping the area around the door always free of clutter,
(disallowing any place for a ferret to hide, in wait for an open door).
It is a nuisance, to some, but if you treasure your ferrets and their
lives, then some inconveniences are worth it, in saving a lot of #1.
Heartache, and #2.  Time spent searching with heartache.

Please, visit Eppers website, NeverForeverLand
www.geocities.com/neverforeverland

Kat Parson, & Joanne Ruffner, have worked very hard on this, and you can
see the inspiration for the website, the Eppy, who was lost 10 weeks, but
found.  Post a story if you have a lost ferret yourself.  I still cannot
reread Eppys story, because i STILL, feel all the emotions of that
period, very realistically, today and that was a year ago, +.  I haven't
put Odins story there yet, but it will be there soon.  Please keep them
all in your prayers, Scotty, Joannes little one is there, and a few
others too.

Sincerely
Donna Christen

P.S.  i am unable to receive any email at [log in to unmask] @ present,
due to some incoming email, that keeps kicking my server off ...so if
anyone writes me, it will have to be sent to [log in to unmask],
till further notice.