From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:37:18 -0600
Luckily for all of you, i think i am limited to 3 posts per evening ?
[3 per 24/hr period, starting midnight, Eastern time.  BIG]

care.

It is not the number of ferrets that you have that is the issue regarding
hoarding, it is the care and attention they receive.  You are the one who
has to determine your limitations, but, that includes what you are
willing to do to provide the necessities for their happiness, and health
and well being, recreation is important for mental health in EVERYONE,
including ferrets, to be continuously confined for prolonged periods of
time in a cage, are taxing.  Walk in those shoes for a change, cage
yourself, and see how you like it, being housed for hours on end, no
books to read, no television, no phone, think about those in jail cells
(ah, but, i am under the impression, they have better jails nowdays).

If you pay attention to what is happening in the worldly issues,
depression is rampant?  Why, ask yourself, is this so?  Over crowding,
issues, financial issues, animal issues, regarding care, and keeping,
fall into those categories, too.  My animals, are my peace makers, with
myself, they are my life, they are what i work for, i own one new car
(necessity for long distance transportation of #1 breadwinner in this
home, who is NOT me) , and a used car with nearly 140,000 miles on it,
that i use for my needs.  Clutter is being reduced to a minimum around
here, for, its use has been , forsaken, for other pursuits, and animal
care is where my pursuit lay.  Furniture?  What furniture, we have a big
screen telly, in the living room, an expensive rug that i bought for a
song, and a huge 4 story cage, and toys galore, the animals run all over
the carpet, do i worry...not, it cleans up quite well, and since i didn't
pay the original price for it, EVERYONE gets to enjoy its luxuries :-) .
What are your priorities?  Where is your heart?  What sacrifices are you
willing to make to make this earthly place a better one?  Not only for
yourself and YOUR FAMILY, but for others, whom you do not even know?

I have met a woman who absolutely abhors animals, and i am so glad that
she has realized that about herself, for she doesn't have any, and it may
be that way for her complete life, but...she is not bringing misery down
upon the heads of these beings either.  I have only met her once, so this
is based on assumption on my part, but used as an example.  i am sorry,
that i feel a need to expound on this issue, but

let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

regards
donna christen