From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:39:24 -0700
Without getting into a debate or stepping on toes I would like to answer
the anon.  poster.  This person has tried to find a solution and is
unable to.  Both myself and Lily have been talking with her for a little
while about this.  This was not an easy decision that she has made.  She
only wants what is best for the ferrets.

Life changes happen sometimes and we cannot always control it.
Unemployment, new job, relocation, medical, and sometimes the addition
of family members.

Though it breaks my heart each time I see a ferret being given away, or
taken to a shelter, I also know that these people HAVE TO care for the
ferrets.  If they didn't, they would simply dump them somewhere or kill
them.  Many dogs and cats are dumped every single day.  They are left to
die without knowing why or what they did wrong.  Those are the people
that don't care.

Though we may not always know why people give up ferrets, please remember
that those asking for good homes do really love them and want the best
for them.

As a shelter we always thank people when they surrender their ferret.  We
do it because we know the alternative.

"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter