Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:45:58 -0800
Thanks to everyone who responded on my quest for info on Koch's cages.
Most everyone had nothing but rave reviews, therefore I will be getting
one.  Of course one person had to do some personal mudslinging, which in
my opinion only makes that particular person look bad and not Mr. Koch.
We buy products every single day from people and corporations that do
things we all would consider unethical..trust me, you all have supported
people who do things that would completely appal you, so don't cast
stones, especially if you weren't there to see someone do the "alleged"
bad deed with your own two eyes, that's just plain immature.

Anyhow...stainless steel, that would sure be a neat cage, but would
probably cost WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than anyone could possibly afford,
let alone weigh more than any fireman would want to carry out of your
house in case of an emergency.  His cages are galvanized AFTER he does
all the welding, if you read the article on his site, so as to prevent
rusting of the welded joints.  No matter what, I would imagine if you get
the PVC coating, which I will, and the ferrets bite at it long enough,
it's going to chip off..  my superpet cage did..and my kids are all just
fine.  I figure that's why he leaves the doors plain, so they WON"T
ingest the coating, since they usually gnaw on the doors to get out.

Lot's of people recommended Martin's cages, which originally I did
like, but are just too boring for someone like me...so I am opting for
something home made and unique looking...something that doesn't look like
a plain old boxy cage.  Someone said that the cages were really deep and
if one of their kids was in a far corner in distress, they wouldn't be
able to be reached.  I'm SURE, Mr. Koch would put an extra door wherever
you felt that would be an issue, the cage I am getting has 6 or 7 doors,
one on each side (right and left) of the cage, big enough for a head to
fit through, I'm told, by a Koch's cage owner, so I highly doubt there
will be any place I can't reach.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the constructive criticism that
people offered, it gave me plenty of things to think about and possibly
use for modifications.  Mr. Koch seems perfectly willing to work with
you to make whatever cage you want to suit your needs, of course within
the limitations of the design.

As soon as I get my cage I will post pictures here.  Thank you again,
everyone, for your input.

HUGS
Angela