From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:56:46 -0500
>About my new baby.  (Zingor!  -It's a Space Ghost thing...) she's a MF.
>The pet store staff didn't know her age.  (which disturbs me to no end,
>I'll be writing a nice long letter to them about this experience) but
>they didn't have any paperwork or anything for her either.  I've never
>bought a fert before (matter of fact I might be taking in two more owner
>surrenders this week) shouldn't they come with something?  It just
>seemed odd to me.

Hi.  If they are selling MF ferrets, yes, indeed, they should be giving
you paperwork-there should be a MF guarantee you can fill out and send in
to MF if the ferret turns out to have any congenital medical problems,
etc., there should be a certificate showing they were neutered and
descented and had their first vaccines, and depending on the age of the
ferret, they should have additional vaccine records for any follow-up
vaccines (i.e. second and third distemper shots and rabies shots, if they
have gotten to be old enough while in the pet store).  If they haven't
given you that paperwork, they are in violation of their agreement with
MF, and you can probably contact MF about that, too.  Also, if the ferret
IS old enough for those additional vaccines and they haven't gotten them,
that's pretty bad of the store, too, because they are risking the
animals' health by not giving follow-up vaccines.

FYI!

-April Armstrong Campbell

"I can't believe it!  Reading and writing actually paid off!"
-Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons"