From:
Gabrielle Lastname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:47:16 -0600
My ferret Buttons became quite ill rather suddenly, around February 10,
with what we believe is a heart problem.  The medications the vet
prescribed didn't seem to be helping, the prognosis was not good, and I
seriously considered having her euthanized.  The situation was made more
urgent because I had to travel last weekend, and thought that I should
try to come to a decision before I left.  Also, I was extremely concerned
about euthanizing her because every time I have tried to explain to her
about passing over, I swear she thought I was talking about her going
physically away to live somewhere else; buttons was lost in 1998 for a
few days, and she still clearly remembers it, and I thought she was
associating dying with that time she was lost.

Pretty much frantic and unable to find the words to explain things to
Buttons, I contacted Kim Fox to see if she could explain things to
Buttons, and see if she wanted to go on over before I left.  Kim kindly
agreed to help, and the three of us got together Thursday night on the
phone.

Kim was able to get a very accurate reading of Buttons' personality,
her wishes, and her condition.  She said that Buttons didn't want to be
euthanized, but wanted to pass on at home with me; this does seem like
something she would want -- she's always hated being medicated and fussed
with, and is extremely independent and determined.

Kim also said that Buttons had been lonely, which was probably true,
since I had been keeping her in a sick cage.  Buttons asked if she could
be kept with the big light ferret (Mishka is my only large ferret, and my
only other light-colored one) instead of being alone.

Kim also said that Buttons indicated she would take medication to make
her comfortable, but not to prolong her life; Buttons really resisted
taking her last dose of medicine right before the reading, but after Kim
explained to her that it would mke her comfortable (and I provided it in
powder, not in chunks, as she didn't like the gritty texture of the
chunks), she took it with no fuss.

Kim also said that Buttons had reached out to me, and it's so funny -
when Buttons was a kit, she literally climed the cage of the pet store
every time she saw me, and after 3 visits, I bought her.

Finally, Kim gave physical descriptions of several of my ferrets that
have passed on, and how they died.  She saw my little sable girl and
the two lighter colored females that I've lost in the past, and said
that the sable would come and greet Buttons when she passed over.

I am sure I am not doing her reading justice.  She was really very
amazingly accurate, and I am so grateful that she was able to help
Buttons and me in this difficult time.  I would highly recommend that
anyone considering getting a reading go ahead and give it a try.  It's
so rare to find someone with this talent, and what an incredible
opportunity to better understand our companions!

If anyone would like to speak with me personally regarding the reading,
please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Best Wishes to all
Melissa