From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:11:51 -0600
FURRY in St Louis has 2 ferrets that really need help.  One is Keesha,
she's been in the shelter for almost a year and I would really like to
see her go home.  She is absolutely gorgeous, and has gone home twice,
and come back.  She is a big bear of a sable mitt(1 1/2 yrs old), and one
of her front paws has a small stripe across the mitt, so it looks like
she's wearing a ring.  Her problem is, she doesn't like other ferrets or
dogs, and gets mad at you for having the other animals around.  She seems
to be fine on her own.

The other is Pee Wee and she just came in.  She is a 2 1/2 year old
albino, and she was sat on by the child of her previous owners in
September, and had her tail broken.  Apparently there was some nerve
damage from that, or from the tail dragging, because she has no bowel
control and her hind legs don't seem to work well.  She does have feeling
in her toes, so maybe with some physical therapy, she could use her legs
again.  I don't know if anything can be done about the incontinence.
Please call for more info.

Of course, we have many other ferrets for adoption, too, including most
of the ferrets we got from Rick Robbins animal mill.  A couple of those
have gone home.

Our web page is www.furryferrets.org and the phone number to the shelter
is 314/638-5756.  If you leave a message, we will return your call.
Thanks!!

Sue
Trina
Tessa