From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:38:45 EST
>From:    Angie George <[log in to unmask]
>
>Also, why is it that people make such rude comments when discovering
>that you either have a ferret or how many you have?  Wouldn't they
>consider that rude treatment if you commented about their human children
>in such a way?  re----"Don't they stink", "Yuck", etc.

I'm a bit behind here.  As much as I love all eight of my boys, I learned
the hard way not to mention anything about them at work.  I've gotten so
much nasty things, and too many (I won't change my mind no matter what)
questions where the answer doesn't matter.  If I mention to somebody...
(very carefully) I don't say how many.  It makes me sad, but my policy
is I'm at work to work, not to make friends and family.  I have that at
home, where I can talk about them and show how much I love them.  For me
it's much easier and less stress, and I can get my work done
better/faster esp. now that I'm an agency RN.  I do talk about my dog at
times and it's ohh, ohh how cute...... yeah it does hurt, but it's easier
than dealing with more stress in a very stressful job as a nurse.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America