From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:45:29 -0700
Hello everyone.

I received an email from Shannon in Southern California.  She needs to
find a home for her two babies.  She has found herself in a financial
hardship and in a place that is not "friendly" to ferrets.  I am
attaching part of her email here.  Please no flames.... this is really
hard for her.

Shannon: [log in to unmask]
I have come into huge financial difficulty, and have moved in with a
family member.  Unfortunately she will not allow them in her home, she
has 2 small children and a large dog, and will not budge.  Currently they
are being kept caged in her garage, but they see no sun light except on
the weekends, and it is cold out there at nights...I just want them to
have all the love and affection they used to get.  Since they are caged
for such long periods of time, Buddy has started biting my toes (I mean
really biting!-bleeding has been a result) and Nestle has started biting
my nose!  It is like they are mad at me....I know they are and I am sorry
for that.

I would much prefer to find them homes, and NOT send them to a shelter.
I know they will adjust great, they love people...here is some
information:

Buddy
- White silver (mostly white w/very few dark hairs)
- Male
- 3lbs
- 5 years old
- Huggable, loves playing with tennis balls, plastic/paper bags and empty
  plastic water bottles.  He gets tired fast and will usually crawl up on
  your lap to sleep.
- He gets along with other femal ferrets only.  For some reason he grabs
  the necks of other males and just drags them everywhere and will not
  let go...?

Nestle'
- Pastel (light brown and beige-she is very pretty)
- Female
- 2 lbs (very petite)
- 5 years
- Huge personality...LOVES to be chased and placed in a plastic bags and
  drug around.  Will give kisses constantly and loves to crawl up on your
  lap to nap.
- She gets along with other ferrets but no other animals.

Your help with this would be so wonderful, I want to be sure they go to
loving homes.  Thank you so much.

 -----
If there is anyone that is interested in getting these ferrets please
contact Shannon at [log in to unmask] She really wants to find them a
home and it needs to be soon.  I have posted this on the Norwegian Ferret
Family list also in the hopes that there is someone out there that is
willing to take these babies in.

Please, I ask again....NO flames or rude email.  Only email her IF
you are interested in adopting them.  If you want to flame someone....
email me.

Thank you,
Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter