From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:21:16 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=3658

>In my experience, there's both a hormonal and a "learned" component to
>this behavior.  Even when the hormonal "urge" goes away, the ferret
>still remembers that's how he interacted with the others, and will
>keep it up, until he "forgets" to do it.  To help stop the behavior, I
>usually just try to distract the biter.  If it doesn't happen often, I
>wouldn't worry about it.

I tend to agree with this - also remember that some degree of dominance
behavior is very normal.  One of my boys dragged around every other
ferret in his group for years - he had no adrenal problems, that was
just his way of interacting with them.

Did he do any of this before he developed adrenal disease?  If so, just
consider this part of his personality and monitor.  If he didn't, it
may have become a habit, or the other adrenal may have a problem.  The
Tennessee Panel might be a good idea here.

Dr. Ruth
Find it. Fix it. And fly again.