From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:05:38 EST
Okay this is me pretending to be brainy.
::Wolfy puts on big eye glasses, sips her soda, and sits up straight
  with lips pursed::

See?  This is me being smart... or trying to look so.  I have something I
wanted to ask you all and I was really interested in a disussion.

I realize that all ferrets can get adrenal.  It doesn't seem to matter
if the ferret is from Marshall Farms, England, or is an Angora.  They
all can get it.  What is news to me as of late, is that ferrets under age
three can get it.  My preconcieved idea was that, okay, ferrets age 5 and
over were more prone to it, and ferrets that were say,,, three got it in
unusual cases.  Well that is not true.  On the FHL it was reported to me
that not only do three year olds get it far more than what I ever
thought, but that a ferret as young as one is capable of getting it
(although the rates go down as the age of the ferret goes down).  That
being said here is my question:

Do people think,,,, that the rate of adrenal in "young ferrets" (ferrets
3 and under) is any lower in say... late alters, or any other bloodlines
(say german ferrets for example).  Yes?  No?  Maybe?  No?  Yes?  Which?!
(Doing my best Corky Romano imitation).  LOL.  So for example, do you
think an early altered ferret is as prone to getting adrenal at say age
two or three than a very late altered ferret.  Do you think that an
Sweedish bloodlined ferret is as likely to get adrenal at a young age and
so forth?  Has anyone taken informal polls or data collecting on this
online?  Yes?  No?  A little?  A lot?  Maybe?

Wolfy ... outta smart juice

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/

Wolfy