From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 05:39:15 EST
This will be my final post on this matter, as it seems quite clear to me,
some folks here at the FML just want to refuse to see what I was focusing
on in the 2 posts that I sent here.

Tell me, when in ANY of my posts to the FML did I mention ALL SHELTERS?
I have said it over and over again, my concern was ONLY WITH KIM FOX  And
I will say this again, my main concern was how she went about asking for
a handout for A SINGLE FERRET to be tested for ADV.  How on earth can
anyone argue that testing for ADV should not be done IMMEDIATELY if you
are a shelter?  That should be a GIVEN, why should Kim be waiting for
handout to do this?  And some of you accept this?  Shame on you!

The way some of you folks have twisted my words is sickening.  Shame on
those that attempted to do so.

I have a great amount of support in the ferret community, and the
majority of you here do not know a thing about me.  I am not one to
brag about the donations I provide to shelters, I do not brag about my
education that I have obtained, I do not brag about the efforts I put
into helping with rescues, I don't brag about the $$ it takes me to
maintain my ferrets, I don't ask for donations, as a matter of fact I
rarely post here.

For some of you to attack me personally, again shame on you, you have no
clue what I do for the ferret community.

For some of you that post here frequently, you just remember that your
life and what you type is an open book, someday those words that you
share, stories that you tell, may come back to haunt you.  I have no
worries about what I posted here, nor do I have any regrets.  I am
totally confident, that those that know me, understand where I was
coming from, and support me 100%.

I can honestly say after seeing this kind of garbage happen at the FML,
I am proud that I support the shelters that I do.  I know I don't have
A lot of money to do this, and my personal ferrets do come first.  But
I also know that whatever I do for these shelters, it is RESPECTED, and
what I do is not taken advantage of.  Therefore I know I will never send
Kim Fox OR her followers, my money, or my support, ever.  As it appears
to me that she is rather reluctant to test for ADV, I base my opinion on
this due to a post Kim posted here not long ago.  You can read this
below.  The entire post would not fit, however it is in the archives
here.

For those of you that feel THIS post needs to be dissected, torn apart,
flamed, whatever, go for it, have fun.  Because what I said in the
beginning of this post, it is my final comment on this topic...do what
you want with it.

>Date:  Fri, 5 Jul 2002 06:04:23 -0700
>From:  K Fox <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: ADV
>
>I think it is up to the individual to protect their ferrets from
>exposure.  I think the ADV thing is a serious illness that has been
>blown out of proportion.
>
>Kim
>S.U.M.S.
>[Posted in FML issue 3835]