From:
Benny Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 07:10:43 -0400
Hey fans o' the Fuzzies

Recently I told you about the passing of a true fighter, Tori.  A few
days after Tori left I had the opportunity to get a new, bigger and more
fun home for my darlins.  The home seemed almost too big for only five
but I was not going to increase my family.  To me it would seem as though
I was trying to replace my Tori.  End of story....WRONG!  For the last
four months (even before that actually) I would periodically visit this
very, clean, very nice pet store named Petland because they always had
little ferts.  For months I watched as this little enclosureof babies
would come and go and change.  But, the one thing that would never change
is the two Albino girls that came in with the first group I started
watching.  The sable kits would get homes pretty quickly but the poor
little 'binos were always left behind.  Weeks past and I watched them
grow and grow.  I think they got to know me cuz I always held them and
talked to them.  It got to where I knew the drill.  Everyone wanted cute
little kits but no one wanted the half grown "bino girls.  As time went
by I had gotten pretty involved with Tori's care, my surgery and
then....Tori's passing.  One evening after Tori left, I wondered outloud
to my husband , I wonder what happened to the Albino girls.  I bet they'd
let them go for less since they're bigger.  My husband replied, with a
slight hint of, maybe?  but said to me , Well it does't matter because
those two have been together for so long the pet store probably won't
separate them.

I was missing Tori so I thought I'd go see how the girls were doing, and
to my shock,there was only one sad ,lonely little ruby eyed girl in the
enclosure.  I asked the store clerk, who I had gotten to be friends with
when the other girl got adopted and he told me, just two days ago.  I
swear, if you were standing next to me you could hear the wheels turning
in my head.  When I asked him how low would he go with her, I knew I
would be taking this little orphan home.

AND SO.......I am proud to announce the newest member of our family,
Annie.  Yes as in Little Orphan.  She was left behind at the "orphanage"
for so long while others came and went and then finally, adopted into a
loving and happy home, her forever home.  So she is my Annie.  Things
have been a little hard for her(and my fingers!!!) as she was very scared
at first.  She was extremely tense and bit, very hard(but not enough to
draw blood) I talked to her a lot, told her about her new family and how
much happier she would be.She hasn't bitten me in two days!!  She even
let me hold her while she slept.(and she did that little fert sigh thing,
SO SWEET!)She has a lot to learn about being in a forever home.  She
couldn't even drink from a bowl.  or climb when I first brought her home,
but she sure learns quickly!  Now all I have to do is convince Sammy that
I still love him just as much.  Everyone else is already fine with her,
and she with them.  But Sammy, given 1/2 the chance seems like he will
kill her.  When I try to introduce him to her, if he slips from my hands,
man oh man, straight for the scruff and shakes her like a rag doll.  Yes,
I've tried bitter apple, time out, no!,giving him lots of extra love.
Such is the life of an Alpha Fert I quess, it's just gonna take time.
Rotating play times is not always an easy task, but I love my sweeties,
it'll work out.

Now for the really fun stuff, names, Ha, I got a million of 'em!

Sammy-Sam the man, Sammy man, Big boy Sam, Mama's Sam boy, Mama's sweet
boy

Oscar-Oskey-De-Poskey, Oscal, Oskey Meyer

Princess-Princey-pie, Miss Princess, Taco girl(she smells like tacos)
My sweetie Princess girl

Chance- Chancers, Chance the Mega fert(he's a big baby, bigger than
Sammy, Chance is 6 mos, Sam is 3 yrs) Chance-A-roo, Chancey, Pancey
Little Big Man, Mama's baby boy, wild-man

Nikki- Nikki-kiniki, Pik-Nick, Nick-a-roo,Nick-a-noo-noo,
Nikki-tiki-Tavi, Nikki, the flying fert(she thinks she can jump to
anywhere, & usually tries!)

Annie-(Yeah, you guessed it!) Annie-Bannanie, Annie fanny mo mannie.(I'm
sure there'll be more, I haven't had her home for even a week yet!)

Okay, that's enough outta me.  God bless all of the Angel fuzzies and all
of the hooman that love ferts!

Sue & Crew, Princess, Oscar, Sammy, Nikki, Chance, and my new little
girl, Annie, finally home Watching from the Bridge, Smokey, Bandit,
Boots, Samantha, Little Lucky, &Tori(hope you're doing okay Tor-Tor,
and you're getting all the duck soup you want!!!)