From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:05:54 -0500
Dear Readers,

I am posting this anon, to protect the innocent, ie; my Vet.

When she (new vet, again) heard of my taking in ferrets needing homes,
she was very pleased, her remarks, "they need a home too".

In reference, to the few that i have received from the Humane Society,
quote/unquote, don't let them fool you, they HAVE MONEY!  But of course,
that doesn't change the way they view "ferrets", i don't think many of
them know all that much about the dear creature, and therefore find homes
as quickly as possible or ...

Those other animals need homes too, so, if i can free up their monies, to
care for the dogs, cats, lizards, hamsters, rabbits, and whatever else,
that people bring in to them, so be it.  I will do what i can to care for
what i have.  I have said it before, i have walked in and out in tears,
for those dogs, and cats who just need SOMEONE TO LOVE THEM!  We ALL need
love of some sort, to feel worthiness in this forsaken life that we often
live.

I am not commenting on the Oregon shelter, for i have already said my
piece about it to the few i have phone contact with, and i have my own
views.  IT is a shame, but i think (here i go) that there are more than
the one who are to blame for this happening.  There were warning signs of
possible problems, but , life keeps pushing us to keep on keeping on, and
we tend to overlook little signals ...and look what happens, now there is
a major problem, instead of a small issue.  I can overlook the wee signs
myself sometimes ...but we can learn to be on the look out for them, even
in our own families, they are the things we don't want to believe about
others, that we overlook the most.  Learn to read between the lines...
it can save lives .

[DN]