Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:50:28 EDT
i HAVE apparently broken rules which GCFA board members set up.  My
apologies to all of you concerning this.  I was out of line asking you to
tell me how things were going.  You were not to communicate with me AT
ALL.  Period.  I did not understand this.

I swear that I have had only the VERY best intensiont for the ferrets at
GCFA.  Making sure you were thanked for your gifts was really important
to me.  I would not have written at all had I known I could not know how
things were going.  My apologies.

The thank yous are that important to me for several reasons.  The letter
is important for ones accountant to have at tax time.  I have donated
hundreds of dollars in gifts to GCFA.  Last year, there was no thank you
system for this, and no letter sent.  Now I have received 2 letters in
the last week.  I wanted to be sure all was well with the new system.

It was important because you have given up that movie, or that dinner,
or that new purse you wanted.  It is rewarding emotionally to see that
thanks.  To know you made a difference in writing.

Lastly, it is common courtesy to send a thank you letter when a gift is
received.

Again-my apologies for not realizing there was a rule concerning this.
Rules are important.  They need to be followed.

WOwever, it is also apparently believed that info I swent on immediately
to GCFA was not sent on immediately.  And they did not understand that
some people cannot or will not write to the group or to the FML.  I can
guess at their confusion.  But I KNOW I reacted immediately, and always
with integrity.

This is as brief as I can be using the best of my forever limited
diplomacy.

I am sincerely sorry for not knowing the rules.  I would call Norm and
ask him if there was anything I should apprise the FML of.  He never told
me of the rules.  There was the person who shared the name of partner
with me on the board who apparently did not know the rule, either.

I think that with the 20 hours a week returning all of your e-mails, and
writing to board members, and trying to make some things a little better
without looking like a block head, giving up my vacation days to work all
those days at the shelter, and the back and forth with people from other
groups concerning adoption that we just had a lot of room for errors.
One that appears to be just critical is that I would never insist anyone
here do anything.  I understood a different word.  I would never insist.
NEVER.