From:
Melissa Pelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:43:45 -0400
I am another FMLer who has subscribed and read the FML for about a
year now, but has never posted.  I have laughed at the jokes and cried
whenever someone speaks of Rainbow Bridge.  Unfortunately, the first time
I post something is asking Sandee for a favor.  I realize that this is a
bit off topic, but I still hope it goes through.  (Please Bill?)

I am currently owned by three wonderful ferrets.  The first one that I
got, I had gotten him from a breeder through a pet store and I named him
Kooto.  That was when I was still at college.  Well, during Thanksgiving
break, I had to sneak in Kooto to where my dad and step-mom live, since
the thought of another animal in the house, to them, wasn't possible,
even for a visit.  During that break, Kooto met my dog named Mandee, a
black cock-a-poo (cocker spainel, poodle mix).  Even though that meeting
didn't go so well (Kooto was a nipping kit then), I know that if given
enough time, they would have been the best of friends.

I am also friends with a family who is owned by nine friends, who
recently lost one of their ferrets, Sweetie.  A year or two ago they also
lost a dog of theirs, I believe her name was Munchkin.  (Melody, was that
her name?)

Mandee was put to sleep the morning of Sunday, September 22nd.  If Sandee
doesn't mind, and if she has some extra time, could she let Sweetie go
over to dog heaven.  Tell Sweetie that she knew Mandee's momma and her
first ferret, Kooto.  Have her describe Kooto to Mandee, that will make
Mandee remember.  Then make sure that Sweetie introduces Mandee to
Munchkin.  On Earth, Mandee had a hard time making animal friends, so I
hope she finds one in heaven.  Have Sweetie tell Munchkin to show Mandee
around.  Then I know she will come right back, to get her hourly raisins.
Mandee is probably alone and afraid up there.  I just want to make sure
she is taken cared of, since I won't be there for a long time.

Melissa Pelle
along with Kooto, Daizy, and Sasha