From:
Shele Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:14:54 -0500
She is home.  She will not eat or drink.  I am working on getting her to
eat.  My ferrets are vegetarians I swear.  Not a single bite of meat will
go into their mouths.  Bubba is the only one who will eat peanut butter.
Oscar never has liked p.b.  She won't touch the cat food the vet gave us
to give her.  I want to thank you T.L. Eckart.  I am going to try your
recipes and see what we can get accomplished.

The vet did send her home in a collar.  Now that is the funniest but
saddest sight I have ever seen.  Oscar tries to take off to run and the
collar gets stuck on the floor.  So now she is standing there with the
collar pinning her head to the floor.  She won't move just stays still.
Just imagine a cone wide side down on the floor and a ferret nose
sticking out from underneath.  Then last night we had put her in a
cardboard box with blankets and covered her up with a towel so shed stay
warm.  My son comes in at 2 a.m. cuz Oscar was running around his room
and was caught under the bed with her collar.  The little houdini.  She
hates that danged collar as we all do, but if we didn't have it she
wouldn't leave her stitches alone.  So, we got to keep it on.  I am going
to see how Bubba does with her and we may put them together to see if she
will relax a little.  My poor babies.  So far so good.  Thanks for your
walked in the vets office and talked to the vet Oscar came running out of
her kennel looking for him.  She has been his baby from day 1.

Shele
Oscar "Get this thing off of me.  I can't even go in your drawers and
keep warm.  NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!"
Bubba "Look at you Oscar.  You are so funny looking.  But man did I miss
you"