From:
Shele Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:17:06 -0500
My little Oscar went in for adrenal surgery yesterday.  I get to bring
her home today.  Our vet only is charging us $125 for the surgery and
all.  He is sooo wonderful.  I took her in just for a check on her.  She
had lost quite a bit of hair etc.  He told me to just leave her and he
would get it taken care of.  Explained adrenal and the surgery to me.  I
was so scared to take her in, because of the costs I had been reading.
Some people were saying upwards of $300 for surgery.  My vet told me it
would only cost half of that then took some more off and let me make
payments.  I am so relieved about this.  We really didn't want to make
Oscar suffer anymore.  Let alone us.  She had really gotten aggresive
lately.  My ankles wouldn't have been able to take anymore nips.  lol
Now her cagemate Bubba is so bummed.  He has moped around since
yesterday.  He spent all of last night looking for her.  He didn't even
eat his peanut butter treat.  We gave him extra loving and did all we
could to help him out.  He even found the clothes I wore the day I took
her in and snuggled in them.  Talk about make me cry.  I get her today
and hope I get her all taken care of and better.

Shele and a very lonely Bubba