From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:28:28 -0400
There are resources which can help find vets.

For instance, if you go to the shelter list in the FHL files, for
instance, for Canada you will find not only shelters but the vets they
use:

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/shelter.txt

For constantly updated versions of that shelter list -- therefore even
better -- write SEND SHELTER LISTS FERRET to <[log in to unmask]>
These are each versions of the SOS list that Bill sends out for Judith,
Ela, Georgia, and a fourth member of their group (Sorry, but I forget who
is also working with them steadily.) so the one from the listserv addy is
the one that arrives in the mailboxes of FML members, but with updates.

and further vet listings can also be found in
http://www.quincyweb.net/quincy/vet.html
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
http://www.thepetproject.com/starferrets.html
http://www.ferretcentral.org
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/FerretVets.htm

For California try these established ferret organizations:
http://www.ferretnews.org/clinic.html
http://www.ferretsanonymous.com/medical.html

In the Smartgroups Files section we'll be adding a File of compounding
pharmacies in the near future.
 ----

Michelle, the insulinoma growths can at times be tiny -- sand-like.  Our
vets tend to have surgical microscopes handy and to also use feel to pop
out the tiny ones.  Sometimes the best approach is the remove a section
of the pancreas.

What can be done if you want to have a look see at a different testing
aspect is to run blood insulin levels.