From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:15:02 EDT
Wow, Kat, I have that Reiki page saved.  I must say that before this I
didn't have an open mind to it.  I will now, and I'll read it and explore
it.  Thank you so much.

Ardith, about the saying goodbye.  I have to say that it has made a huge
difference in my animals when they were able to.  Mine have not said good
bye to a dead body, but I allowed them to say good bye to a ferret that
was borderline dead before putting her to sleep.  When she first fell
deathly ill, the alpha and the beta kept scruffing her and dragging her
limp body all over... as if trying to get her to walk.  I was floored by
that.  When it was near the time of her death, I let them say good bye.
Rocky (Seans' Rocky), is... well he's obviously "delayed", just woulnd't
engage like the others.  And I could not get him to go over to her and
say good bye or understand what was going on.  The rest of them did.  It
was a strange phenomenon.  They definately had their own little ritual
there.  After they did their "thing", they then ignored her like she was
already dead.  Very odd.  But see Rocky didn't.  He was clueless to
everything.  Incidently he was the only one that went through severe
grief afterwards.  He walked around endlessly looking for her.  He
stopped dancing.  He got thin.  His coat got thin and greasy.  He just
wasn't "Rocky".  He eventually came out just fine though.  The other
ferrets... and you'll find this fascinating... wouldn't touch the dead
ferrets toys.  I mean they would not TOUCH them.  They remained where she
stashed them.  I tried pulling them out to give to them, but they would
sniff them and run the other way.  They acted like that with the toys for
a year.

Lissette, thank you so much for your contribution to the FML.  Your
outlook on things and your sharing is like a breath of fresh air at
times.

Kevin, I'm so sorry that you have yet another chapter in your memorials
to your friends that have passed away.  I hope that you are healing.

Alex, thank you for being Sabrina's voice.  She brought such an objective
view of things here onto the FML.  She was a positive influence.  I
greatly enjoyed all the wonderful stories that you wrote about her and
thank you so much for letting me "know" her.  I wish Dippy could have met
her.  I know that if Dippy and the other FML girls ever get together for
their special "lunch" there will be a great toast to her memory and she
will be missed.  But that is okay... somehow doing Jello-shots with Star
sounds much more fun.  Right Gail?

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/