From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:01:12 -0400
>As for the person who said we should shoot Morrison, while I understand
>why you feel that way, that would make you no better then her and you
>really don't want that.  Too bad you can't get a "mole" to act like her
>friend and watch her comings and goings so you could protect other
>fuzzies.

I meant that statement (about shooting Morrison being a quick and
permanent solution to the problem, or something like that) to be taken
tongue-in-cheek (as I think most people did).  But the rest of my post
was dead serious.  In a nutshell, I think there is something seriously
wrong with a society that values the rights of a human being so highly,
while, at the same time, not affording animals the right to be protected
from abuse at the hands of human beings.

Although, thankfully, this is changing (albeit too slowly).  Things are
better for animals, in general, than they were 50 years ago in that
regard.  While animals are still regarded as property, at least now there
is dialogue about their independent rights as living beings.  Abuse is
being more severely punished, in general, than it has been in the past.
There are now legal groups (Like the Animal Legal Defense Fund, or ALDF)
that are taking cases in defense of animals and fighting for ever
stronger punishments for people who abuse and neglect animals.

Let's just hope and pray that, as someone mentioned recently, Morrison
and others like her are stopped by their own bad karma.  And soon, before
more innocent victims like poor little Spirit have to suffer at their
hands!

Nancy and critters