Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:02:03 EDT
I got a phone call from Tara the other night to let me know the scoop on
Morrison.  WOW.  That lady does not sleep.  Nor does Troy Lynn.  Thank
you Tara.  Thank you Troy.

The hours that she and Troy Lynn, and several other critical and
wonderful people invested total up into solid weeks concerning their
rescue and contact efforts over the collector of Utah.  Their vigilance
and dedication to the welfare of ferrets has resulted in saving yet
another life.  And possibly we can hope for a jail sentence now for the
kidnap and abuse of the ferret recently rescued.

I think that the FML is unlike any other site for reaching so many people
on these life and death issues.  I cannot believe it exists.  Who would
put this together and get it out to all of us day after day like this?
Who could put up with all the behind the scene discussions and decisions?

Tonight?  ..Just feeling very grateful to the ferret community that pulls
off such feats ..that comic book characters look tame compared to the
real life heroes on the FML.

And I am very grateful that it is BIG that hears us and herds us.

We are all so spoiled by having the FML, and so busy in shelters,
rescues, caring for our little ones, and every day life aside from
ferrets, that it is easy to take what BIG does for granted.  I like to
remind myself of the miracle of this list.

The FML saves ferret lives, educates us, entertains us, comforts us,
transports ferrets across the country, and has given us the opportunity
to befriend people like Kat, or Lynn, Troy Lynn, or Tara, Alicia, or
Sukie.

Do you realize how very lucky we all are?