Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:03:53 -0700
Danielle wrote:
>I would certainly LOVE to know what you are referring to when you say
>"I have done more damage in WA State to communicate with Petco than any
>other 100 people".

OK prepare to be enlightened with just one recent example here and
another example directly from Danielle herself.  Several Washington state
shelters had set up a meeting with petco along with three of our
veterinarian who see a lot of problems with petco's and their lack of
caring for ferrets and all animals.  During one of Danielle's tirades
(see below) to petco, she was asked if she would be attending our
meeting.  She brazenly said "yes, nothing happens in washington state
regarding petco that I'm not involved in".  The person told Danielle; in
that case, they were cancelling the meeting.  The day came for the
meeting: everyone plus the three vets waited for petco to show and
nothing.  It was not until the following day when I got hold of petco
that I was told about Danielle's claim that she was involved and that
they cancelled because they would not deal with her.

>the IRS does not look kindly on those who pose as non-profits but are
>actually for profit ventures.

(This statement is like some of the posts from the FHL.  Unless you've
followed the thread on the petno list it may not make a lot of sense.)
Apparently Danielle is unaware that a lot of shelters sell supplies.
We are lucky to have a public location as do numerous other rescues.
The following non-profit rescue organizations have public locations in
the Seattle area, and also sell pet supplies to support their rescue:
Hooterville Safe House (dog/cat rescue) Meow (Mercer Island orphans &
waifs, primarily cat rescue) Des Moines Pet Center (primarily cat
rescue).  Then there's St. Vincent de Paul's second hand stores which
supports humans, etc., etc.  (Most people understand this effort that
non-profits make, so that they don't have to beg for all of their funding
from the public.)

rebecca klein <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>About PETCO, while I'm at it...Sandi, you're killing me!! It's not fair
>of you to make allegations on behalf of the ferret community and point
>fingers AT the ferret community, all the while speaking FOR the ferret
>community.

This is a strange leap.  I have always represented ONLY myself, and the
two non-profit organizations which I founded: the Best Little Rabbit,
Rodent & Ferret House (1996) and the House Rabbit Society of Washington
(1989).

>Is it possible for you to post your concerns about PETCO without playing
>the blame game?

Sure.  And that's EXACTLY what I do.  It's only when some individual that
is directly opposed to and harming the work that I do attempts to falsely
align herself with my efforts that I take GREAT offense and set the
record straight.  (Last I heard Danielle claimed she would no longer post
to the FML, now that she's back the stuff is flying again.)

>In fact, if you have problems with specific shelters, and I know you do,
>you voiced your concerns about me, why not take that up with the shelters
>themselves and do it off the list?

PLEASE be very clear, Danielle is NOT a shelter.  As for you...WHO ARE
YOU?  I've no idea.  Since you're not identifying yourself by a shelter
name, I have no clue what you're talking about.  When I have "concerns"
about anyone I ALWAYS first approach the person directly.

Danielle wants documentation of the damage she's created with petco?
Danielle herself documents extremely well the damage she has done.The
following is clips of some of what Danielle herself says she wrote to
petco and what she says is their response to her.  Her entire post can be
found at [log in to unmask]

>No more Ms. Nice, I am a bad ass now! ha,ha,ha
>
> Transcript of session follows:
>
>Actually, Lisa, I had heard from a Manager in Washington that you are not
>implementing change and that you simply blow smoke. I have been told by a
>few select Managers that they are afraid to come to you with concerns. I
>have also been told that my lunch did not change anything and that you
>actually told someone in your ranks that I am a "problem". Excuse me? Of
>course I am a problem...I am a "problem" to any store or person who
>neglects/abuses animals or children.
>
>Why should I be courteous when every time I turn around more animals
>are dying deaths that could have easily been prevented?  Sure you are
>doing your job...please!

>I should be considerate to a company whose President wont return calls
>or emails to anyone that has concerns?  Why should I be considerate of
>anyone who is not considerate of others, especially animals?

 [quotes are Danielle's as she relates message TO her FROM petco - sa
> "You are out of control and have no since of realism or do you understand
> the first thing about getting something done......."
>
>Sounds canned, did you write that yourself or cut and paste from the
>manual?
>
>[and yet another quote FROM petco TO Danielle-sa]
>"You really are a hostile woman that needs to look at the big picture!...."
>
>Did you think I would do ferret care sheets for you without any type of
>compensation for the shelters?

Interesting, I've not run into any shelters who charge for their care
sheets.  Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org