From:
Weezilarchy&theChaosMenagerie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:07:20 -0700
>From:    Leah Collins <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Little Abby and Buster have worms in their poo..  My vet doesnt
>work on Saturdays..  I cleaned out the cage comleteley and gave
>them both a bath..  Is there anything else I can do??

where do you live?  if the climate is anything like it is here (hot,
humid florida), they may not be worms, but the larvae of opportunistic
gnats (fruit flies, actually).  if i am at all lax in my litterbox
duties, gnats will take the opportunity to use the moist poo as a
breeding ground.  they appear out of nowhere, i swear!  anyway,
the maggots are about half a centimeter in length, give or take,
clearish-white, and squirmy.  they're smaller than the tapeworm
segments associated wtih cat fleas.

they're nasty, nasty buggers. bleach the litterpans.

-kat-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.