From:
steve baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:19:24 -0400
Rebecca,
I wanted to share some very good websites that I found on what people
think of animals going to heaven or not!    I have not yet determined
what I think about it, but I sure hope that I'll see my ferrets in
heaven!  God created pets for humans to enjoy and have fun with and take
care of, I don't see what they would not be in heaven.  You are so right
on your comments!  I think that I stand on this verse, Genesis 1:21
"And God created the great sea animals and the creeping things all having
a living soul... "  It proves that animals have souls.

I also liked this quote from one of the websites,
"This may be figurative language, but one other passage suggests animals
might be in our eternal home.  Romans 8:21 says that "the creation itself
will be liberated from its bondage."  In this present, sin-cursed world,
we inflict suffering on animals, and they inflict suffering on us.  At
Christ's coming, when this world is freed from the effects of sin,
animals, too, will be freed from suffering.

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/pets.shtml - a good one!
http://www.scripturessay.com/q349c.html
http://www.lcms.org/cic/animals.html
http://www.moodyisd.org/stephens/animal.htm - a good one!
http://www.truthwalk.com/Feedback/animals.html
Thanks for the stirring discussion start!
Jen in PA