From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:58:05 EDT
>Just a quick question, What are the "card exchanges"?  I haven't been
>reading the FML long enough to know...
>   Linda

::Raising my hand and waving it over and over::

"Ooooooo!  Ooooooo!  Oooo-oooo!  I know I know!  Let me answer, let me,
let meeee!

::Pushing my way through FML'ers and pushing elf sized Judy Cooke in the
face back from the front::

" The card exchange is where you submit your name for a specific card
exchange time, for example... Halloween.  You are then contacted by a
little elf that resides in the FML.  This little spritely being will give
you 11 or 12 names and addresses.  You then make your own card, or buy
cards for these individuals and mail them out for the designated date.
It's great fun because you get real snail mail cards to have and to hold
and to touch from people you may know on the FML and from new friends on
the FML.  Some people enclose fun things..  such as magnets, stickers,
cheweasils, photos, pins, and bubble gum wrappers (kidding about the last
example).  Some exhanges offer for you to send a donation in one card be
a dollar or grand (kidding there again) to a specific thing such as ....
for example.... for a shelter to recoup after a fire, or for ADV
research, or for meeee to buy a new outfit (KIDDING).

It's really fun, and the whole point is the thought of it all.  Other
than postage and the paper you might print your cards up on or messages
up on... there is no cost.  You get to meet people, and you get cards
from people you already might know.... "

:: This robed individual is yanked out of sight in mid-sentence by a
Wolfy.  She drags her by her blue robes, and stuffs her right back into
the closet where she escaped from::

The Great Ferret Oracle

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/ferret-oracle.html