From:
"Vaughan, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:32:16 -0400
Well, I am now the proud mommie of 2 girls!!!!  I called Millie Sanders
at the Ferret Lovers Club to talk with her about adopting and she put me
in touch with Nadine from The Ferret Club (maybe same, not sure if the
two clubs are related), Anyway Nadine had a lady who had rescued two
older jills and one fairly young jill from a pet store ( the people who
bought the older ones were trying to return them) and the little bitty
girl from being euthanized (she had one of her eyes put out by a young
sibling/cagemate).

My daughters and I went to the lady's house to get all three fuzzies, but
she would only let us have the two (said she had gotten attached to the
other one, well what about their cagemates?) I hope she changes her mind
and gives me a call to come get the other girlie.  I'm sorry to sound
bitter, but this lady has no business with any fuzzies.  I am so thankful
that she rescued them, but when I got there she wouldn't let us come in
her house and the smell of dog and cat urine and feces just about blew
out my smeller.  I saw 4 cats in the front windows alone and saw 2 dogs
at the door when she opened it to go get the fuzzies.  I heard more dogs
barking inside the house somewhere.

PLEASE Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against anyone who loves
animals and has lots of them unless it's not safe for them due to
overpopulation.  The part that really got me is that these three fuzzies
were not even in a cage, it was on her carport with the bottom full of
water.  I know that dogs, cats and ferrets can get along, but I have read
all about the dangers of rabies and distemper too.  This is not to say
that she didn't have shots for all those animals, but still....

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry, I have spoken with Nadine again, explained
what I saw and she is going to try to talk the lady into surrendering the
third girl to us (you know depression and missing her girlie buds) .
Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer!

We named the little sable with one eye Sparkles, she loves shiny things
and loves to wrestle (mock combat?) with your hand.  She does nip but not
hard unless she gets too excited, and a sharp NO sets her back to gentle
nipping, we are working on no nipping at all.  AND she does wonderful
with only ONE EYE.

The other girl I think may be a dark eyed white with black tipped fur
across her saddle.  We named her Sadie, and she's about 2 yrs old and a
sweetheart who likes to give kisses.

I'll keep you updated on our new adventures together if you'd like.
Thank you for your responses and your willingness to help, I'll probably
have lots more questions later too.

Suzanne (That's me), Sarah (my 13 yr old), Elizabeth (my 12 yr old),
Sadie (white girlie fuzzbutt), Sparkles (little girlie fuzzbutt)