From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:12:11 -0700
Hi Folks,

Ok, judging by the response Diane got on her Maltese ferret pennies, I
know I'm not the only one who jumped on the little gems.  Now then...

Though I'm not currently doing it professionally, I have worked
professionally as a jeweler, and have a workshop and access to wholesale
jewelry parts, etc.  I have one catalog in particular which carries
Sterling Silver, 14K gold and also various base metal coin mountings.
These would be just like the one pictured at the Ferret Company link
Diane posted yesterday.  I can also buy Sterling Silver, 14K, 18K gold,
base metal and platinum chain in many lengths, as well as various colors
of satin and leather cord, along with precious and base metal findings
for such, wire cuff necklaces, charm bracelets, you name it.

So, for anyone who is interested in having their pennies mounted, either
for themselves, as gifts, for shelter fund raisers, etc., I will do so
for the price of materials.  You tell me what you want, I will make it
and send it to you, and all you pay me is what I'm charged for materials.
I can help you custom design your piece, determine appropriate necklace
lengths and bracelet lengths, etc., and will do all labor for free.  I
may have to tack on a few cents to each to cover shipping and handling
on the materials, but I will be ordering some things for myself, as well,
and so will absorb as much of it as possible.

Diane is already sending me some pennies, so it would be possible to have
your pennies sent directly to me, to save additional postage.

One thing to keep in mind is the prices listed in my catalog are
approximate, as they are based on market prices of precious metals at the
time of the catalog's publishing.  The actual costs of materials will be
based on market prices as of the day I order supplies, and until I know
what I'm ordering for everyone, prices will have to be approximate.  I
will be able to contact each person individually as soon as I order my
materials, to let you know what you will be paying, and if the price I
quoted is more than $5.00 off, I will try to absorb the difference.

If anyone is interested, just email me, and I can begin initial designing
and pricing.

Melissa Kuzara
Mira, Tasha, Robin, Nietzsche, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Cael and Booboo always