From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:57:23 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled potato herders...

(Rollin', rollin', rollin', keep them taters rollin', raw-spuds!)

Kerri Sher mumbled something about:
>I have been trying to be very patient with my little girl but she just
>will NOT stop biting.

Everything you've mentioned as having tried has been a punishment.
Instead of bitter apple, why not try the Ferretone trick?  Put some
ferretone on your ankle/wrist/nose/wherever and let her out.  You'll have
to have nerves of steel at first, but you might find that she will being
showing interesting in licking, instead of biting.  Don't be cheap with
the Ferretone, either.  It washes off with soap and water if your ferts
don't get all of it (what?  A ferret leaving Ferretone???).

I don't guarantee that this will work, but I've found that some ferrets
can't be punished in order to stop a behavior.  By giving them a
distraction and a new way to identify your skin, you may solve the
problem.  I know it worked for my one ferret, Chewy.  Hasn't bitten me
since I tried it.

Todd and the (LickLickLickLickLickLickLickLickLickLickLickLickLickLick)
Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/