From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:59:52 -0700
Everyone

please keep my Bandit in your thoughts and prayers, he had both left and
right adrenal surgery and spleen removed with in a matter of 4 wks apart,
1adrenal/spleen & right back in 4 weeks later, for the other adrenal, the
bad one this time, so it has only been debulked, and my vet is not all
that knowledgable with ferrets, but, she is learning.  Bandit just isn't
bouncing back, and he is failing, slowly.  This is just breaking my heart,
because Bandit if the very first ferret i have ever in my life time held,
he was thrust into my arms, when we stopped @ the petshop, that day just
to browse, and noticed 3 cute baby ferrets in the BIG FISH TANK.  The mgr
plucked Bandit out and thrust him into my arms, and then grabbed another
for Dan to hold.  That was maybe 4years ago, he was just a BABY then :-(
 ....now he looks like an old worn out man :-(....I know he doesn't feel
good, he tells me with his eyes :-( ...i will not subject him to anymore
surgeries, it would kill him.  Instead, i stand helplessly watching him
slowly fade out of life, and, just don't know what to do anymore, all
the food i feed him, is just not sticking to him, he has gotten a Lupron
injection, and going to get the pedia pred, but ...he is getting weaker
everyday :-( ...my bubby boy, is such a trooper.  To see him progress
from such a full of life, young ferret, to this in such a few short
years/months, as he just got sick this spring, is just upsetting!!!
I blame the darned ferret MILLS!  !

I have dealt with enough death and dying this year, and now i am about
to lose one of the original 3...the ferret pioneers in the Christen
household.  Please, if anything, pray that he doesn't suffer, i am off
all day tomorrow, and am going to just surface clean the house and sit
with my boy in my arms for the day, and tell him just how much i love
him, and try not to make him feel bad by bawling my eyes out.

Just too much. . .sometimes
donna