From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:36:20 -0700
Yesterday's post was "cute" but today I find it not so amusing.  Is it
necessary to use profanity?

I have to say, you have changed my mind and sound nothing like what I
originally stated. I retract the compliment.

BIG - I don't think FML readers need to be subjected to profanity.  I am
against censorship but I feel that people can get their point across
without resorting to profane language.

I encourage you to spend a ton more of your time, writing these cutsie
little messages.  They are so enjoyed...minus the profanity.  I wish I
had time to sit at my computer and spend time coming up with such stuff.
I just don't have time to be so creative.  Have you considered writing a
comic strip?

[Moderator's note: I assume you are referring to her use of the word
"a**hole."  I don't think the usage was such that it should be considered
profanity -- it was an anatomical reference rather than a pejorative
use by my reading.  Though these days it's probably even allowed on TV!
(By the way, a couple of sites rejected that FML becuase it triggered
their offensive language policy or something like that.  I'd comment but
that would just another bunch of rejections... BIG]