From:
Kimberly Gunderson/Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 06:42:19 -0700
Alicia - I wanted to take just a quick second to respond to your many
grievances about Petco.......it sure seems like you have a baaad store
out there.  Here in New Mexico, however, I purchased BOTH of my fuzzies
from our local Petco.  This was done, prior to my knowledge of shelters
and the possibilities of adopting from them.  I have to say the following
though, when I got my fuzzies, the store here, had different employees,
who all appeared to be extremely knowledgeable in their understanding of
fuzzies.  They also have a huge cage, that is always clean - and
generally, does not house any more than 4 or 5 at a time.  They do NOT
support a return policy that will euthanize the ferrets!  Theirs are
Marshall Farms ferrets, and are in great shape, that I can tell.  I guess
I just wanted to state for the record - that perhaps not all Petco's are
the same?

I am rather new to the forum, and certainly mean no disrespect to anyone,
but I think it would be beneficial to check with your local Petco, about
their polices and procedures, before banning all Petco's.  I have had
nothing but good luck with them, and I am in there at least once a week -
I have never seen any of the animals mistreated, neglected, or in harmful
conditions at any time.  Every time I go in, there cages are clean, fresh
food and water is always available to them, and the employees DO care,
and are educated in the fuzzies.  Again, not trying to invite anyones
"wrath" - I just believe in a fair shake for all!  :o)

Kimberly Gorman
Regional Translations Engineer
Cricket Communications
A Leap Company