Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:11:06 -0400
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I have written and I have thought of all of
you often.  My fuzzes Xena and Diana are doing well.  Xena had surgery a
couple of months ago for a 3 skin lesions.  Thankfully it was due to all
the wonderful articles in the list and on the internet that made me aware
of so much and was able to catch it before it spread to bad.  She had a
good size one at her arm and two small ones all in the same area.  They
appeared as pimples with a depressed center and a little fluid.  I noticed
it after I found blood on her.  These lesions can go undetected because
you can find blood on them and don't know where they got it from because
you know their environment is safe - you made sure of that.  Then you
wonder if while playing they got nipped a little harder than usual.  I
took her to the vets and she never saw anything like it before.  So Xena
had a rare form of skin cancer but we did get it taken care of and she is
bouncing and war dancing all over the place and is as happy as she was
when she was 8 weeks old.  Diana doesn't know what to think.  Who is this
crazed ferret who wants to play with me all of the time.

Besides my son's ferrets I have had many losses over the past two years.
The worst was last Jan.  3rd when my husband age 49 of 28 1/2 years of
marriage died of Abdominal Mesothelioma.  He had been diagnosed on our
birthday the end of Nov.  and was dead 42 days later.  Before him I lost
both of my dogs ages 14 and 12.  Due old age.  This is why I haven't been
in touch with all of you.  I just broke my heart even more when I would
read about all our fuzzy friends that we have learned so much about cross
over the bridge and just couldn't deal with it.  I read about "Bug" today
and cried some more after I went to the web page and saw his pictures -
poor baby.  My deepest condolences to all of you who have lost a bit of
sunshine that those we love give us.

I'm glad I am back now and will keep in touch with all of you.

Liz