From:
paula fleischman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:08:58 -0500
Hello.  I've been a silent reader for 3 or more years now.  I've had 5
ferrets for 10 or so years on and off.  My first was a bitter and my
husband made me sell him when scooter refused to release the captive toe
webbing between my husbands big and first toes.  The second one I gave to
a friend to watch for a week right after my 1st childs birth so my mom
could come to stay and help without being terrified, and my friend ended
up giving Pita away to his girlfriends mother in an other state.  My
third died in a house fire in which I completely lost 100% of my house
and everything besides being very luck to get out with my two kids at the
time.  My fourth and fifth (Ashley & Mickey) I had for 3+ years before
realizing two of my three human children were allergic plus we were all
too busy to take the time needed to properly care for them.  (I was
full-time college, full-time mother to 3, full-time business owner of two
business', plus a wife!)  I very reluctantly sold them.

Now, I've graduated college, next fall my youngest human child will be in
full time kindergarten, and My hubby and I sold one of our businesses!!
I just happened into the Humane society in my town and they have 3 ferrets
for adoption.  Two of them were found together and get along great!  (When
I had my two, they hated each other and I had to keep them separate!)
They look younger and very healthy and happy, and way too cute!!  I still
have my 4 tier plastic bottoms cage and all my accessories but I have one
BIG problem yet... my two kids are still allergic and the youngest now
has asthma related to his allergies to cats!!  I took the kids to see the
two fuzzies to see if they'd get along as well as see how their allergies
would be... Everything went well except for the allergies...

Does anyone have suggestions besides me waiting for 13 more years until
my youngest gets out of school to ever own another fuzzy!!!!????  I just
miss them so much and I really fell in love with these at the humane soc.
I thought about adopting them and donating them to the children's zoo in
my town with visiting rights if I take care of them and supply everything
needed... but I don't know if that's enough or do-able... I actually live
in the country about 25 miles from the zoo.  HELP!!!

Paula in Nebraska