From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:52:10 EST
>An ideal soup is simply their regular food soaked in water and blended
>with more water or watered down chicken baby food.  With kibble soup, the
>taste is familiar and it's not as hard to get them back to their dry food.
>
>If ferrets are given soup as an occasional treat when they're healthy, it
>makes soup immensely more acceptable when they're sick... yes any and all
>ferrets can be taught to like soup... just keep offering it, keep giving
>them a taste of it... you have to be just as stubborn as they are.

Yep.  I have done this several times.  Also, much easier and cheaper to do
this.  Another point I look at is that you are not introducing new things
into their diet.  With their own food and water blended, you know that
things won't happen.  Like changed stools....... Also, I do feed my boys
this stuff regularly.  I change the food in their bowls daily, the two day
old food gets blended up.  They go nuts when I bring out the soup con't to
take some out and warm it up in the micro.  Ever see eight ferrets dancing
in the same space trying to get to it first.  Some will eat from the bowl,
some only from a syringe.  I do syringe feed all of them.  I don't mind
that they sometimes eat daily or a huge amt.  It's their own food and not
a treat.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America