From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:48:09 -0500
Folks apply the word "cancer" far too often.  Most adrenal and pancreatic
growths are NOT cancers.  When the word is used incorrectly people panic
and ferret have at times been destroyed because the owner gave up even
though the ferret had a very treatable condition.

For those who would like to know more there were several past posts on
this, with one appearing more than once (second time as a "Golden Oldie").
**** Bill, the FML archive search engine was having trouble -- chugging
when I hit "search" but going no further -- when I looked for the
locations there, or I'd have included them in this post.****  On the
Ferret Health List in Yahoogroups message 6510 is one of those which
tackles the topic.  For most the information should be very reassuring.

[Moderator's note: Yes, the FML search server was having a bit of trouble
this weekend due to a misconfigured "spider" that sent it repeated
requests without even waiting for an answer.  All fixed now.  BIG]