From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:01:58 EST
Well, we went to the vet today and got the new distemper vaccination for
CB.  They took him to monitor him for 45 minutes after to make sure there
was no reaction, and there wasn't.  Unfortunately for one of his ferret
patients that fuzzy did react to the new one.

We also had Maggie's BG tested and she is now officially off Pred!  He
wants me to get her back onto some type of kibble instead of living on
baby food since she has now gotten a belly and is up to 1132 grams from
her starting weight of 790 grams.  No longer my tiny little flower is
Maggie.

And what visit would be complete with Butch.  He came along for the ride
but Doc wanted to take a look at this balding tail.  We decided what
the heck, we're here, lets do the TN Panel.  I was going to make an
appointment later on for the blood draw but it saves me another trip.

All in all a good trip to the vet!  Everyone slept the afternoon away
except for Mom!

Any thoughts on getting Maggie to eat kibble or even duck soup would be
helpful.  I've spoiled her with the baby food and pure chicken gravy that
I make for her.

Connie, Butch, Maggie and CB

"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."
George T. Angell