From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 0112 24384 22 41_Re: New Ferret owner - bad sleeping habit0_18:[log in to unmask] 0110 31916 18 22_Ferrets Across America12_Minta [log in to unmask], 27 Oct 2001 21:13:45 -0700377_- Just for the potential possibility that I may need to use this in the
possible future...are there still people involved in Ferrets Across
America, and could they get ferrets from Portland, OR, to Columbus, OH
(I do know ferrets are illegal in columbus...). Just a small, small
possibility, we may have to move (not necessarily to Columbus, OH,
actually). [...]46_27Oct200121:13:[log in to unmask] 0110 31935 33 27_Harley "Bug" & Friends.....22_The Ferret Aid [log in to unmask], 27 Oct 2001 13:46:51 -0400308_- It was a tough week for us at the shelter. I was really sick for most
of the week. not pretend sick, but really sick. mommie took me to the
vet's and we still aren't sure what's wrong with me. Sam was sick too.
he wasn't eating. grandma is goo'ing us though and we are doing a lot
better. [...]40_27Oct200113:46:[log in to unmask] 0110 31969 19 17_Re: heavy plastic14_John & [log in to unmask], 27 Oct 2001 10:10:02 -0500378_- >a question for all you fellow newspaper-users out there... where do you
>get the "heavy plastic" to put under the papers (and on the walls)? what
>thickness is it? the thickest sheets i can get at lowe's are 6mm, and it
>feels like the furtubes would be able to dig through them and chew through
>them (possibly causing a blockage). [...]36_27Oct200110:10:[log in to unmask] 0110 31989 27 28_Sandee please watch forSpike18_Especially [log in to unmask], 27 Oct 2001 11:30:28 -0600576_- Help him meet up with Harvey. Let them all know that we love them and
miss them very much.

Rec'd a call from Phyllis, Spike's foster mommy saying that he was crying
in pain this morning and I advised her to take him in to see Dr. Mike.
The diagnosis was as I suspected and not wanting to see my dear friend
Spike suffer in this world anymore, followed Dr. Mike's recommendation for
euthanasia. Spike, who has been with the shelter for around 5 years now
quietly went over the Rainbow Bridge today and will suffer pain no more.
Lymphosarcoma [...]48_27Oct200111:30:[log in to unmask] 0110 32017 33 7_Sweetie15_Larry [log in to unmask], 27 Oct 2001 17:44:20 -0500423_- Sandee:

Today, very briefly, I met a little girl named Sweetie. Sweetie's momma
knew she was very ill, and needed to go to the Bridge, but her momma
couldn't stay with her-I think it was too painful. Her momma said her
good bye, and told Sweetie she would miss her very much and that her other
friend here would miss her, too. I was working at the clinic today, and
was there when she came in. [...]42_27Oct200117:44:[log in to unmask] 0110 32051 28 8_Paranoid14_Alice [log in to unmask], 27 Oct 2001 09:18:16 EDT533_- OK, this post is to vent a little bit. I think I'm going nuts. I adopted
a 4/5? year old female ferret earlier this year. I swear I'm paranoid
with her. I don't know how to get over this paranoia either. She's so
tiny! She a little over a pound and I know that can be normal for girls
because I've been owned by ferrets for years, but something tells me she
should have more weight to her. I've taken her to the vet for bloodwork
when I first got her and yesterday (waiting for results) and they tell me
[...]42_27Oct
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:09:19 EDT
Hi everyone.  This is the first time I've posted.  I have been getting
FML since July 2001.  I have LOL, and I have shed many tears over all the
heartbreaking stories.  FML is very interesting and informative.

Let me introduce all of you to my family.  I have a husband, two boys,
three dogs, eight cats, two guinea pigs, and three adorable ferrets!!

It was just a few short years ago that I didn't even know what a ferret
was.  I had seen my first one in a pet store a couple of years ago.  It
was lying there sleeping, and when I stood above it talking it awoke,
looked up at me, yawned, and gave me what I call "sweet eyes".  I fell in
love!!  However, I didn't get that one, because I first wanted to learn
more about them and how to care for them, but I knew eventually I would
get one.

My son's birthday was coming up.  Guess what he wanted?  Yep, a fert!  So,
14 months ago we brought home our first "fuzzy", Bart.  More fun than we
ever could imagine.  When my second son had his birthday guess what he
wanted??  However, there was a little problem when we went to pick one
out.  There were two of them at the pet store, brother and sister.  None
of us could make up our minds which one.  So we brought both of them home.
Boomer and Tinker!!!  Bart was so happy to have the company!  They love to
wrestle with each other, and play "the towel game" with the kids.  The
"towel game" is when one of my human kids drags a bath towel around the
room and all the fuzzies get to take a ride.

Bart, Boomer, and Tinker are a wonderful addition to our family.  I hope
that all of you will enjoy hearing the endless stories I have to tell
about our fuzzies.

Bye for now, and God Bless all of you!