Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:19:47 -0400
I usually don't respond to this stuff, but Chance and I aren't going to
let this one slip by.  And we're not going to hide behind an anonymous
post.

"What an utter jerk this ferret is!"
You say he is an escape artist, destroyed a sofa, scratched holes in the
carpet, chewed buttons off remotes, etc., and has stolen keys, wallets,
sole inserts, etc.  This sounds like a normal ferret to me.  Chance says
to tell you that you are the "utter jerk." Maybe if you had taken some of
your precious time to ferretproof propertly, he wouldn't be chewing your
remotes, erasers, etc.  I can tell you from experience that a little
patience and understanding goes a long way.  Chance was a ferret no one
wanted because he bit, and I know other people who have rescued ferrets
that no one wanted, and with patience and kindness, these ferrets turn out
to be wonderful ferrets.  I feel sorry for Ferret X.  Why don't you try
playing with him while he is out instead of complaining that you don't
have time to watch him?  How about some interaction with this ferret?
With your attitude, I feel it it's best that you find a good home for your
ferrets, as you certainly are not willing to make any sacrifices in your
busy life, putting yourself first at all times.  It costs you MONEY for
the things he has destroyed.  I wonder if you would be willing to foot the
expense if he needed adrenal surgery.  Or is that the time to dump him on
a shelter?  I'm sure Ferret X is also tired of you, so please do both of
you a favor, and find him a caring home, and let us hope next time you
learn how to accept responsibility.  Flame away.  Moxie and Chance

--
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/949746 (go there and try it!) or,