From:
Genetta Carman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:53:40 EDT
My partner for life and I have 22 fur babies that we love very much.  But
I would like to tell you all about one very special fell named Hootie.

We got hootie about 3 months ago from a good friend, who got him from
another woman.  Hootie has a very special place in our hearts.  This is
why.

Hootie is 4 yrs old.  Hootie is blind and deaf.  He has adernal and has
ulcers from is mouth to his stomach.  We took him to the vets.  There's
nothing they can do for him.  If they operate he will die on the table.
We have to give him his medicine three times a day.  He can only have a
liquid diet.  When we got him he wouldn't play.  For I don't think he's
been out of his cage at all to play.  We gave him all the love we had to
give.

Now Hootie does the weasel war dance.  He rolls all over the floor.  He
plays with his toys.  He runs after us.  We stop doing what ever we are
doing and watch him becuase he brings us such joy to watch him play.  He
doesn't let his doesn't let his disability get the best of him.

So when we read about Molly.  First we cried then the anguer set in.  We
have 2 babies who are blind.  If you came into our home and watched them
you would never know which 2 are blind.  We love them all very much.  They
all have a place in our hearts.  But Hootie has a special place.  Hootie
will be with us and be loved until he crosses the Rainbow Bridge.  Just
because a fur baby is blind doesn't mean that they don't have a quality
in life because they do.