From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:42:59 -0400
Oh Christine and all the others....

I had to just chuckle when I read your note.  I can be right there with
you on that one.  I went in to check on the kittens, their big brother
and the furry fuzzy brothers only to find the kittens in the ferret cage
acting like ferrets and the ferrets on the floor playing with the big
brother cat and the cat toys.  The one kitten was eating the ferret food
while the other one was playing with the ferret toys and digging in the
litter.  We brought the ferrets home to a 1 1/2yo male cat who would not
have it being out with the other 10 cats at the time so he was allowed to
have full run of the back bedroom.  Spoiled....nah....

Anyway he loved playing with the ferrets and the ferrets loved him.  He
would sit by their cage when they were not out.  So along come the kittens
Jasmine & Cassandra and they are too little to go out with the other 10 in
the clan so we move them to the "ferret-kitty" room which now has been all
ferret proofed and almost everything moved out.  They fell in love with
the ferrets and would cry to have them come out.  So now they too think
they are ferrets and try to get into everything the ferrets do.  Now the
problem is that the ferrets don't want to go back in when it is time for
bed or for mom and dad to go to work.  I feel so bad and my heart goes out
to them but I know it is for their safety.

I must say that these 2 little fuzz butts have turned our lives upside
down.  There is no more laying in bed until the last minute before work
because they require human attention and play first thing in the AM.  I
cry everytime I read a story of a fuzzy leaving for rainbow bridge as I
have had many from our clan have to leave us when time seemed way to
short.  My heart goes out to all of you but know in your hearts that they
are being loved by something so much larger than ourselves and don't be
alarmed when you think you see them darting around your feet because they
are there right with you every minute of everyday :-).

Have a great fun filled furry fuzzy day
Love & angel ferret-kitty hugs
Debbie