From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:42:22 -0400
Good Evening everyone,
I have to say that after reading all the talk here about people giving up
there fuzzies for whatever reason I sat down today and started to write
down all the things I have learned about my guys in the past 3+weeks since
they came to live with us.  They are unlike any animal I have ever had.
They love you so much that you can't imagine a day without them.  We have
been kitty human parents for 25+ years and never once would I have thought
of giving one of my fuzzy babies up if I would have had human children.
We were not lucky enough to have human children but I have been blessed
many times over.  I hear these people talking about having human babies
and to tell the truth I wanted to go and scoop up those furry babies since
I am only 1 1/2 hours away from them but we have a housefull now with 13
cats, 6 betta fish and 2 new ferrets.  No we are not animal collectors we
are animal lovers who give homes to cats that no one seems to want.  Each
day I thank god for them.  We don't have alot of money either but we give
them the best possible food and medical care we can.  Their needs come
before ours.  When we decided to take on the last 3 kitty cats and 2
ferrets we thought long and hard and knew they would be a long term
commitment.  Please people look at how these furry fuzzies can add to your
life and the lives of your children.  As youngsters you can teach them
respect toward animals.  Why do people so easily give these guys away?  I
just don't understand.  My mom has promised me that if anything ever
happend to us that she would take care of all of our babies and never give
them up.  You see I even made lists of their likes and dislikes and who
needs to stay with who because you never know.  I love them like my own
kids.  Anyway I wrote down all the things I think a new ferret owner
should know before they make the decision to buy them but I don't know
what pet store would be willing to post it by the ferret cages :-).

Have a great night and give a fuzzy a kiss
Love, Debbie & her "crew"