From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:05:08 EDT
Hi Guys,

Yeah, I'm at it again!  LOL.  I need some help here.  I have four fuzzies
(you guys probably remember my last post about Templeton, my fatty boy and
about Paul, my 8 year old deaf & blind guy) and I have a vet, well, so to
speak anyway.  He administers shots but does not treat ill ferrets.  While
non of my boys are sick at the moment (thank god) two are due for their
annual shots (Templeton, being the newbie of the bunch and with no
background on him I want to get his stuff together and get him his shots
etc) and I would like to try to build a relationship with a vet from the
get-go.  Does anyone know of any vets who do the "whole ferret" (for lack
of better terms) in the relatively close to Boston area?  I live in the
Quincy area (just south of Boston) and work in Saugus (just north of
Boston) so I am willing to travel for a good vet.  Any help would be
SINCERELY appreciated.

And an update on Templeton: he is out and running around, seems like he is
loosing some of the fat around his jaws (he looks like a hamster with his
pouches stuffed) although I don't know how concievable that is within the
first week of being owned by him).  He is getting along with his brothers
but lets out a ferret alarm on occassion *squack squack squack* and hisses
on occassion, but I think he has never been around other ferrets and is
still in the process of getting adjusted.  But so far (keeping my fingers
crossed here) so good!

Thanks guys, and let me know if anyone knows of anything,

Sue

Dante "Ma! Froot Loops! Now!"
Toby "Pinned ya!"
Paul "I'm OLD? I'm BLIND? I'm DEAF TOO? I don't believe you...and just to
prove it, I'm gonna kick Dante & Toby's butt!"
Templeton "No, really, I don't want to know what being a ferret is all
about.  I'll just lay here.  No, really."