From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:38:21 -0400
Good Evening Everyone,
As most of you know we are the new kids on the block and our names are
Michal and Gabriel.  We went for our first checkup with our new
veterinarian tonight and we liked her whole bunches and our parents did
too.  We were met right at the desk by a young man that just was waiting
for us to arrive so he could see us and weigh us.  Then we got so much
attention we almost started dancing in the office.  There were three
people in the office with us and our parents and we loved how we were
treated.  We had never seen such attention from people we didn't know.
We knew that people were in awe of little fuzzbutts but wow we were so
excited.  We asked the doctor lots of questions and she kept us in her
office keeping an eye out since this was our 2nd distemper shot and we had
only had one when we were really tiny.  She told us that she had to keep
us there to make sure that we didn't have a reaction as that can happen to
us fuzzbutts when we have our 2nd shot.  She even gave us a treat when she
was done.  Boy were we surprised that the doctor had 11+ years experience
as our mommy didn't ask when she called.  Her regular vet that took care
of our kitty sisters and brothers no longer looked after little carpet
sharks like us.  We were so happy that mommy found someone so close to as
we like to fight in the car in our carrier.  We sure made mommy upset when
we would not settle down.  She was really worried about us.  Now mommy can
tell you all about our new best friend and what the doctor told her.

Ok mom's turn.  The doctor we saw was Dr JoAnn DeWire, VMD in
Douglassville, Pa.  I will post her info at the bottom.  I was quite
impressed.  Apparently they don't see too many ferrets these days as they
are not that popular in our area and they are not the "in thing" as the
man in the office told us but the doctor did have alot of experience with
them.  This is a new office for her and it is her office alone.  We were
very impressed.  In fact so taken with them that we will be taking our 13
kitties to them as well.  Michael had a little cloudiness in his eyes so
doc says we have to keep an eye out for cataracts.  All in all they had a
great full head to toe check up and the doc was so gentle with them.  She
told us all the problems that could happen along the way so that we were
prepared and then home we went.  So that is our night story :-)
Whew....now one more trip for the rabies shot in a month.

Docs info:
JoAnn DeWire, VMD
105 Griffith Dr
Douglassville, Pa. 19518