From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:32:35 -0400
If you are upset by what you glean from SKIMMING then, please, READ before
flaming or even before "correcting" nicely.

If a person looks at my post about needs you will READ this:

At 1:41 PM -0400 10/3/01, Sukie Crandall wrote: Yes, and there are animal
needs.  Margie just wrote this to me last night and it is being repeated
all over the country:

>Please cross post The National Guard has been called to active duty to
>augment Scott AFB, and the Metro East Humane Society is getting in
>animals.
>
>If you are in the area of Edwardsville, IL.  And can foster, any
>animals, please call  the Metro East Humane Society and let them know

>618 632-5064  They already have some and are making a list.
>Margie

Obviously, a lot of general humane groups can't handle ferrets but they
are getting them so folks who can adopt need to be calling the ones near
them and giving their contact info.  The ferrets are coming from those
families with deaths, those with severe injuries, those with changed
financial situations, those who are in the services (which may increase),
etc.

  ---------------

Notice that NO WHERE in this post is Margie asking for any ferrets, nor
am I recommending any place for ferrets to be taken.  Margie mentioned
that a NON-FERRET SHELTER NEEDED HELP WITH CRITTERS IT CAN'T HANDLE AND
GAVE THE CONTACT INFO FOR THAT SHELTER (not for herself).  I pointed out
that the problem of non-ferret shelters winding up with ferrets (which can
be dangerous for the ferrets) is likely to increase so it would be good
for those who can adopt or foster to contact their local shelters.

The complaints I received from two folks who apparently talked between
themselves first (from their content and one naming the other) had no
meshing with what was in the post; it was rather strange, and the
occurrence and content both saddened me for different reasons...