From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:19:45 -0400
Good Morning Everyone,

I just read or was unable to read the full article as sometimes I don't
know that I totally believe everything I read on the net.  As most of
you know we are new parents just over a week of 2 Marshall ferret boys.
Now the thing I read was actually a boycott against Marshall's for
questionable practices on their part.  I don't want to get into detail
and I am sorry to say I did not bookmark the site because I don't want to
buy into this person's position on this as I feel that "fear" can also
manifest problems in our lives.  A few things that were mentioned was
culling of unwanted ferrets, early neutering & spaying, selling of older
males to labs, not enough employees to help, closed in breeding quarters,
etc.  Now when we got these little boys we heard great raves about
Marshall's.  At the time we did not realize that there were shelters for
ferrets or we would have looked into adoption.  I have done alot of
research in the past week for these wee ones.  Does anyone know if the
boycott is real?  Has anyone else heard of these practices?  Should I be
alarmed by these accusations?  I don't agree with young fixing of animals
as they wanted to fix our 3 female kittens at 6 weeks and we waited for 7
mo since there was no chance of them getting pregnant and I don't agree
with culling even in fish as I have heard but is this something for alarm?
I don't want to worry needlessly over someone that might have just been
unhappy with them.  She does have Marshall ferrets and apparently the vet
problems with it.  Maybe it was not the breeder at all.  Sorry just wanted
to find out if anyone else has heard of this and if so do we send letters
to Marshall's.

Have a great day
Love, Debbie