From:
Laura Ranalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 08:36:20 -0700
My favourite ferret is Max, a deaf DEW, because he was my first ferret and
got me in touch with the whole "ferret business".  He is definitely Mike's
favourite, they share a special bond and similar personality traits.
Max is like the energizer ferret, he never stops!  He is the crazy one of
the bunch, the most inquisitive and always seems to be on some kind of
mission.  He HAS to be the centre of attention AT ALL TIMES, and I often
wonder if he could talk he would speak very quickly and repeat his phrases
three times....."HeyHeyHey!!!!!  LookAtMe!LookAtMe!LookAtMe!!!!!!!!

My favourite ferret is Kiwi, a dark sable, because he is my cuddly baby,
loves to be held kissed and cuddled.  He is the ferret who will fall
asleep on your lap while you are watching TV, will follow you around and
has to be in the same room you are.  We adopted him from the Ferret Aid
Society and were so happy to give him a home and have him, couldn't
understand why someone wouldn't want him, he is gentle, loveable and has
such an easy going nature.

My favourite ferret is Spook because he is a big, fat beautiful
panda/silver mitt, also deaf.  He is the newest one to the group and it
was like finding a diamond in the rough.  We adopted him from the Humane
Society, and again couldn't understand why someone wouldn't want him.  He
is gentle, very playful and sweet.  Anything he does makes you laugh
because he is so fat.  He is very active believe it or not but it is funny
to watch him hop like a squirrel or waddle with that big butt!!!!!  He
even has fat little feet.  The vet said he could stand to lose half a
pound, we think his fattness adds to his character.  He has a beautiful
coat and big dark eyes, he does look like a little, fat ghost.

My favourite ferret is Tazy, a silver blaze, although he has crossed the
rainbow bridge and waits for us all to join him, he still remains in my
heart and I do miss him terribly.  He was a special ferret whom we adopted
from a neglectful owner and were so glad to let him have the opportunity
to be a part of our family and be a ferret for the short time that we had
him ( 9 months).  Even though Max would pick on him, they ended up being
best friends in the end and I know Max misses him the most.  He had this
unique little gallop when he ran, like a little pony, not an overly
affectionate ferret but somehow you knew he loved you and appreciated all
the love and care that you gave him.  Every now and then he would let his
guard down and cuddle up to you or fall asleep near you and somehow you
just knew he loved you.

Laura, Mike
Max - The All Mighty Powerful One,  "Put Me Down, I Have Places To Go
And People To See!!!!!!!!"
Kiwi - The Fuzzy Little Fruit,  "Mommy Loves Meeeeeee!!!!!!"
Spook -"I'm New Here Is The Food is Good?"   "I Might Be Fat, But I'm
Good-Looking!!!"
Taz -  The Wise Old Owl,   "Hey This Being a Ferret Business is Kind of
Fun, Just Keep That Crazy White Guy Away From Me!!!!"