From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:43:50 -0500
In the animal codes of most of the cities I've read a "nuisance animal" is
more like a "nuisance owner".  Nuisance codes cover things like excessive
barking or crowing, foul odors (as from waste products), unsanitary
conditions (such as potential runoff from a dung heap, even if there are
not odor complaints), etc.  Generally it's not a code that is targeting
a particular species for restriction... if your property has become a
massive stinking latrine, it doesn't matter if it's pig poop or ferret
droppings, it breaks the code.  I'm not saying that someone couldn't start
claiming that all ferrets are nuisance animals because "all ferrets are
filthy purveyors of poop" rather than recognizing that that the ferrets
in question had an irresponsible owner, just that in my opinion, nuisance
animal is not an automatic hot button.  YMMV...

Debra in Fort Worth