From:
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:50:44 -0400
I had first written to Suki Crandel with a question about why Byte-me had
lost all her body hair.  Suki had some great data to offer but it really
didn't fit this case.  I took Byte-me to the vet for examination.  The
first thing the vet said was that it was strange that the tail was fully
fur'd out but the body was bare.  Most unusual for unusual.

Byte-me was checked for mites and fleas as well as other parasites but was
negative.  A very expensive blood test was strongly suggested but I
declined to wait a bit to see what would happen.

It was then I put two and two together and realized what had happened was
that Byte-me had an adverse reaction to too much of a good thing much like
Nibble-ed did when I fed her too much sweets and lost hair.  This time it
was tomatoes.  They all love tomatoes.

None of the others had any kind of reaction to the tomatoes where they
didn't eat so much, but Byte-me loves tomatoes and ate a bunch.  This did
not set well with her, and she lost all her body hair.  Having removed the
tomatoes, she is now recovering quite well and growing more than a mohawk.

Just a word for reader info.  There have been several things that have
upset my tube dogs.  One is tomatoes, another is too much sweets
(Nibble-ed loves popsicles) and 8 in 1 treats that almost killed one
of my ferts.

God Bless America.

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud